Thursday, January 6, 2011

MY LAMPSHADE MAKING JOURNEY......

I'm a self taught Artist.....I've been designing and making handmade victorian lampshades for 29 years. It all started when  I saw some gorgeous shades in a shop window in Ben Lomond California..........I thought to myself....."wow!,  I've got to figure out how to make one of those." That night, I made my first shade. Looking back,  it was a sight for sore eyes. (LOL) Well, 29 years later, I'm still busy making my shades and enjoying every minute. I feel so greatful  each and everyday, that I can do what I love. My mom always told me "ring your own bells" and thats what I'm doing........Thanks mom! I love you.....

1 comment :

  1. These are so beautiful and I'm so happy that you're still making shades. It's amazing where a little inspiration can lead us.

    ReplyDelete